Friday, June 6, 2014

I'm Back - Maybe

So, I was reading some other baseball card blogs this morning, and I remembered - hey, I actually have a baseball card blog.  I searched for it on Google and - voila - it appeared as if by magic!  With the last post around three years ago, I figure it might be time for a new one.  Maybe.  I'm not real good at following through on things, and I suck at manipulating items for a cool looking blog post, but it might be fun.  Maybe.

With apologies to the various blogs that I lifted these images from, I'll throw in a pic or two, because they're fun to look at.

 First one is a custom thingy from The Baseball Card Blog with Cal Ripken when he was with the Charlotte Orioles at the very beginning of his career.  Since this blog could have easily been called 83 Cal instead of 69 Brooks, this definitely is a fun card to pretend actually existed.  And The Baseball Card Blog is just flat out brilliant, with interesting entries from Ben Henry, hilarious posts from Mike Kenney, and great custom cards from PunkRockPaint.





The second card I just came across today on The Five Tool Collector , who is an old Oriole collector (or should I say a collector of old Oriole cards), like me.  I'm not a big fan of the Lakers or basketball cards, but this is definitely one of the best floating heads cards that I have ever seen.








And then there is Vulcan Ty Cobb, logically working out in his head how much force it will take to coldcock the pitcher with that tiny bat.  (Thanks to Dime Boxes for this one)













And you can never get too much of that '57 Brooks.  A true classic.




See you next time.            Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment